During my training at Kripalu I was introduced to the acronym BRFWA and I’ve practiced it ever since.
On the yoga mat it means:
- Come back to your breath. Watch it moving in and out.
- Let go of the physical and emotional grip. Relax.
- Be mindful of how what you are doing makes you feel.
- Watch what happens as you practice. How does your body move or react? How does yoga affect your mood? Watch without judgment.
- Allow the pose to unfold, to open up, to expand.
- Come back to breath.
And it means the same thing off the mat.
Invite mindfulness into every thing you do.
Notice your life.